The Division of Vascular Surgery at St. Michael’s Hospital is a nationally renowned hub for innovative cardiovascular basic science, translational and clinical research.
The major areas of research focus of the clinician-scientists within our division include:
- vascular biology research with an emphasis on pathophysiology of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) and atherosclerosis
- epidemiological and public health research focusing on peripheral arterial disease (PAD), carotid artery disease and diabetes
- developing novel imaging techniques for endovascular surgery
- initiatives to improve quality of care delivered to vascular patients
- knowledge translation and knowledge synthesis
- randomized controlled clinical trials focusing on patients with advanced PAD and critical limb ischemia