The aim of the RTC Conference Award is to provide funding to support trainees to attend online conferences in order to enhance their research training experience and share their research findings. All trainees who receive the RTC Conference Award will present their project at a monthly seminar.
There are 10 conference awards available; between October 1, 2020 and April 30, 2021. See Conference Award Criteria for more details:
|The Research Training Centre has a limited amount of funding to support trainees attending online conferences in order to enhance their research training experience and share their research findings. Reimbursement of conference registration fee will be awarded for trainees presenting at national or international online conferences.|
|Eligibility Criteria||- An applicant must be a full-time graduate student or post-doctoral fellow (registered with the RTC) at the time of the application, or within one year after completing the research that is being presented.
- The applicant must be 1st author presenter and the abstract must be accepted for presentation at a national or international online conference.
- The applicant’s supervisor must hold an appointment as a scientist or adjunct scientist in the Keenan Research Centre or the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute.
- One applicant per supervisor per annum can receive the funds.
- If you have received a travel award from the RTC before, please note preference will be given to new applicants first.
- Your abstract must be accepted for an online conference taking place between October 1, 2020 and April 30, 2021.
|Amount of Award||- The amount of the funding is up to a maximum of $250.00 per applicant.
- The funds will cover conference registration fees only.
- Ten awards will be given this academic year
|Please submit your application prior to attending the conference.
The travel funds will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. You must submit the
- Complete Application Form
- Proof of accepted abstract
|If awarded the trainee must submit the following:
- Provide copy of relevant abstract and notice of acceptance
- Proof of presentation at conference is required. (conference booklet)
- Funds will be reimbursed to the Supervisor’s research account if a copy of the original payment requisition is provided along with all the supporting documentation (proof of attendance to the conference and proof showing your supervisor has paid for the conference)
|Research Training Centre Coordinator
St. Michael’s Hospital
Note: You can submit receipts for reimbursement after the conference, however you must submit abstract acceptance letter along with your award application.
You will receive an email approximately 1 week after submission of your application if selected.