Dr. R. Jun Lin is a laryngologist/otolaryngologist and an Associate Scientist in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael’s Hospital. She completed her medical degree and otolaryngology residency at the University of British Columbia. Following her training, she pursued fellowship training in Laryngology and Care of the Professional Voice, as well as a Master’s Degree in Science specializing in clinical research at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. She is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Toronto. Her research interests include laryngeal electromyography for vocal fold paralysis, vocal fold atrophy, vocal fold scarring, and dysphagia.
1. Lin RJ, Munin MC, Rosen CA, Smith LJ. Effect of intralaryngeal muscle synkinesis on perception of voice handicap in patients with unilateral vocal fold paralysis. Laryngoscope. 2017 Jul;127(7):1628-1632. doi: 10.1002/lary.26390. Epub 2017 Jan 20. PubMed PMID: 28105659.
2. Lin RJ, Sridharan S, Smith LJ, Young VN, Rosen CA. Weaning of proton pump inhibitors in patients with suspected laryngopharyngeal reflux disease. Laryngoscope. 2017 Jul 21. doi: 10.1002/lary.26696. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28730666.
3. Lin RJ, Lubpairee T, Liu KY, Anderson DW, Durham S, Poh CF. Cyclin D1 overexpression is associated with poor prognosis in oropharyngeal cancer. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013 Mar 19;42:23. doi: 10.1186/1916-0216-42-23. PubMed PMID: 23672832; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3651247.
4. Lin RJ, Krall R, Westerberg BD, Chadha NK, Chau JK. Systematic review and meta-analysis of the risk factors for sudden sensorineural hearing loss in adults. Laryngoscope. 2012 Mar;122(3):624-35. doi: 10.1002/lary.22480. Epub 2012 Jan 17. Review. PubMed PMID: 22252719.
5. Chau JK, Lin JR, Atashband S, Irvine RA, Westerberg BD. Systematic review of the evidence for the etiology of adult sudden sensorineural hearing loss. Laryngoscope. 2010 May;120(5):1011-21. doi: 10.1002/lary.20873. Review. PubMed PMID: 20422698.
6. Lin RJ, Young V, Rosen C. Vocal fold lipoinjection. CSurgeries.com. January 16, 2016.
7. Lin RJ, Rosen C. Awake per-oral vocal fold injection with calcium hydroxylapatite. CSurgeries.com. December 16, 2016.