There are a variety of sources (Tri-Council – CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC, Provincial, Non-profit Foundations or Societies, NIH) that provide support for various needs (salary support, operating grants, infrastructure, dissemination, training, etc).
Places to Search for Funding Opportunities
- RUN (Research Updates and News): A weekly newsletter for the St. Michael’s Hospital Research Community sent via email every Tuesday.
- RTC Express: A biweekly newsletter for St. Michael’s Hospital Research Trainees sent via email every other Monday.
- CoS Pivot (comprehensive international funding database): Create a profile with specific key words to receive new funding opportunities weekly.
- University of Toronto
- Tri-Council Funding
- NIH: U.S. medical research agency. See active opportunities.
- Grants.gov: find and apply for all U.S. federal grants including NIH.
- Other common international funding sources
- ProposalCENTRAL – U.S. funding opportunities from government, non-profit, and private grant-making organizations.
- Trialect – international funding opportunities
Note: for international funding opportunities, check the eligibility criteria for applicants from a foreign institution.