All reimbursements related to research must be submitted to the Office of Research Administration, Research Finance. Please follow the appropriate step-by-step procedure to have reimbursements processed.
Cash Office is located on at:
St. Michael’s Hospital- 1st floor
30 Bond St., M5B 1W8
FORMS for Supporting Documentation: (If Applicable)
To process a reimbursement:
- Choose the appropriate requisition form (Employee Payment Requisition Form or Payment Requisition Form)
- Fill in your Name, Employee ID (if applicable), Address, Payment Amount and Payment Option
- Please provide your research activity information that the payment will be charged to:
- Enter your Company (Co) which is one digit number (i.e. 2 for Research Activities)
- Enter your Accounting Unit (AU) which is a two digit number (i.e. 61)
- Enter your Account which is also referred to as the expense code a six digit number (i.e. 562407).
- Enter your Activity which is a ten digit number (i.e. 00000-00000)
- Enter your amount, HST/GST and the total cost.
- Please state a reason for the reimbursement submission.
- If you are receiving an honorarium/stipend/service payment, please enter the Social Insurance Number of the recipient. (Especially if person is receiving more than $500 worth of payments)
- Once completed the form needs to be signed by the Activity’s Authorized Signing Authority.
Note: Forms without wet ink signatures or signatures from incorrect delegates will not be processed.
- Please fill out the Internal Contact Information in case requisition needs follow up.
- Submit your completed form along with all of your original receipts (including itemized receipts and proof of payment receipts) to your Research Financial Analyst.
Credit Card Purchases Requirement
The expenses submitted for your requisition appear to have been paid by credit card. It is SMH policy that when submitting expenses for reimbursement if a credit card is used, a copy of the credit card statement must also be accompanied with the request. The statement should include:
- The payee name
- The last four digits of the card used
- Line transactions detailing the expense
You can have irrelevant transaction marked/blacked out for confidentiality. This will ensure that the appropriate payee is being reimbursed for their expenses. This is a requirement to satisfy the compliance from our financial auditors.
Credit Card Statements are not required if items have been purchased through cash or interact. (only receipts required)
Please note the following reasons for providing Credit Card Statements:
- Ensure we are reimbursing the correct person/business for these expenses. There have been instances where staff have claimed flight/accommodation/supplies for reimbursement, however the actual purchase was done through their P-Card (in their name), which meant St. Michael’s Hospital is the payer. Having the credit card available will ensure we pay the correct person and meet the needs of our financial auditors.
- Ensures the amount requested in the requisition is indeed what was charged on the credit card. In instances of Foreign Exchange we will reimburse the value mentioned on Credit Card Statement after conversion.
- Ensure proof of payment in instances the receipts does not indicate proof of payment (i.e. Estimates, quotes, etc.)
All levels of staff from coordinators to executives require a copy of their credit card statements when submitting claims, if the purchase was done through credit card.
For further clarification on submitting requisition and reimbursements, please refer to Frequently Asked Questions