The modified program is described as follows and is subject to change as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves:
• Research Students will not have any direct, physical interactions with research subjects or team members.
• Research Students must be able to perform their work offsite i.e. not in the hospital or research institute.
• Research summer students MAY be granted access to Electronic Medical Records (e.g., Soarian/Sunrise) or have access to PHI of patients or research subjects providing they pass a research specific privacy training course.
• Research Students must have the appropriate training and oversight provided virtually by the study team (via zoom, phone, etc.)
• Remote onboarding and network access to UHT email/folders/intranet will be arranged
• There may be limited access to library services at UHT
• Research Students and their supervisors are required to complete the standard onboarding packages.
• Research Students doing any recruiting or consenting, even remotely, will need to be added to the REB approved protocol
As the COVID-19 situation changes and evolves we will review this modified program and may at any time implement further restrictions or relax requirements.
For questions please contact Dalbir Singh. Updated onboarding packages will be available by April 1 2021 at http://stmichaelshospitalresearch.ca/staff-services/research-employment/create-a-new-position-summer-students/
The Keenan Research Summer Student (KRSS) Program provides opportunities for undergraduate and medical students to conduct research at St. Michael’s under the supervision of a principal investigator (scientist and/or MD). Students are also involved in educational programming such as seminars, networking activities and a poster competition (please see below the KRSS Program Abstract E-Book featuring some of the research conducted by the 2019 KRSS students).