Explore the following highlights from the Cardiovascular Disease & Diabetes Research Program.
- Dr. Mark D Peterson is an Investigator of the International Registry of Acute Aortic Dissections (IRAD) – a consortium of research centers that are evaluating the current management and outcomes of acute aortic dissection (www.iradonline.org/irad)
- Dr. David A Latter is a Principal Investigator of the international Cardiothoracic Surgical Trials Network (CTSN) (www.ctsurgerynet.org ).
- Dr. Subodh Verma is the Canada Research Chair in Atherosclerosis and is poised to make big breakthroughs in our understanding of this often deadly condition (www.chairs-chaires.gc.ca). He is a Steering Committee member and site lead of the international Cardiovascular Inflammation Reduction Trial [CIRT] (www.thecirt.org/) and on the Scientific Advisory Board of the Peter Munk Cardiac Centre (www.uhn.ca/PMCC )
- The Cardiovascular Disease & Diabetes Research Program holds 2 United States patents as a result of his work on BRCA1 and cardiovascular disease:
- Method for Preventing and Treating Cardiovascular Diseases with BRCA1. Patent 8,496,928, July 2013 [Subodh Verma, Mohammed Al-Omran]
- Method for Preventing and Treating Cardiovascular Diseases with BRCA1. Patent 8,110,185 B2, February 2012 [Subodh Verma, Mohammed Al-Omran]
- CardioLink Canada, developed by Dr. Subodh Verma, is a cutting edge research program, through the Cardiovascular Disease & Diabetes Research Program of St. Michael’s Hospital, developed to find answers to important unanswered questions in the areas of atrial fibrillation, aortic aneurysms, peripheral arterial disease, valvular heart disease and community-based interventions to reduce re-hospitalization. Find out more about CardioLink here